FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
Yes. I work with anyone who wants to engage in leadership in any field of endeavor. My assistance is provided in terms of how to lead. I am not providing assistance on the technical aspects of your endeavor. You have subject matter experts to guide you in those areas.
I will provide you with leadership guidance to accomplish your business idea, but I am not a financier or broker for business ventures.
No. Those are areas beyond my technical competence.
Individual training is tailored to the situation and depends on the needs of the individual and the unique circumstances of their leadership environment. Most individual training will involve familiarization with the Power of 3 concepts, observation of the individual’s situation (bosses, peers, direct reports) and examination in one-on-one sessions of leadership interactions.
Observation times are based on the needs of the individual or organization and will be tailored accordingly.
Covert leadership is an oxymoron. If your situation is so dire that undercover work is deemed needed, then your problems cannot likely be solved without more overt and structural changes in your leadership model. Observation is always important to understanding the situation that leaders face (see Honesty definition in Power of 3) so that meaningful actions can occur. However, covert observation can have repercussions that make leadership more difficult. Covert observation is good for submarine service, but not generally good for leading people.
Power of 3 leadership training is tailored to the needs of the individual or organization and will vary accordingly. Among the types of training available are:
- Keynote Addresses – Presentations on principles found in “The Power of 3, Lessons in Leadership” usually lasting for 1-2 hours including Q and A.
- Overview Training - In depth discussion of the Power of 3 leadership concepts focusing on how leaders can improve based on their particular situations. Half day or full day training includes in depth discussion of concepts and participants identifying successes or failures associated with their activities in each area discussed.
- Individual Coaching – This training focuses on individual leadership capabilities and involves assessment of the three major areas – foundation, challenges, and achievement. The trainee will self-identify their strengths and weaknesses in each area and develop an action plan to improve leadership capabilities. This training usually involves a day to understand the Power of 3 concepts and proceeds with up to a week of observation of leadership activities to determine how well the individual’s leadership philosophy fits with the Power of 3 concepts.
- Leadership Philosophy Assessment – This activity is intended to determine what the overall leadership philosophy of an organization is, how well it is understood by members at all levels or the organization, and how well it is implemented. This activity takes the form of interviews with members of the organization and up to a week of observation of nominal work activity to determine how much (or how little) the philosophy comes into play in daily activities.
Costs vary depending on the type of training needed. Steven is dedicated to the principle that fees should match the value provided. Therefore, training will be provided on the following basis:
- Travel and living expenses will be provided by the recipient of the training. This includes transportation to the site of training as well as at the training site and room and board for the duration of the training.
- The recipient of the training will determine the value of the training and pay SEMCON accordingly. SEMCON accepts the premise that the recipient is the best position to assess the value and trusts that they will provide fair compensation based on that value. Recipients are free to determine this amount, before, during, or after training and SEMCON will accept the decision of the recipient without question or pushback.
Steven believes so strongly in the principles of “The Power of 3, Lessons in Leadership” that he will waive fees based on the assessment of value for training for organizations or individuals in substantial need of training that have limited resources. Contact him through this site (link here) to discuss your unique situation and every effort will be made to accommodate your situation.
- Of course. Since you will determine the value of the training, you should have a say in the development of the training. Power of 3 training is based on the principles in the book, but the specific training needs may be in one or two areas. SEMCON will discuss your needs and tailor training to target those needs.